Course code: 22280VIC Certificate I in Employment Pathways and CUA31015 Certificate III in Screen and Media (Selected units)
Selected units from CUA31015 Certificate III in Screen and Media and 22280VIC Certificate I in Employment Pathways. This program is a media industry flavoured employment preparation course for young people with additional learning and access needs. Animate Your Life will help students to develop employability skills for the screen and media industry.
Students will explore the options for employment or further training in this field through meeting with media professionals, real industry visits and creating their own DVD show reel. Animate Your Life will provide students with a stepping stone into further training and career pathways in this growing industry.
Please note this is a six-month program commencing in Semester 2. Students will receive a Statement of Attainment.
ARE YOU SUITABLE?
Consider this course if you:
- Have the ability to be punctual and follow timelines
- Have a desire to develop new multimedia skill sets within a nurturing environment
- Enjoy working with computers and new software packages
- Are keen to develop your employability skills
- Are creative, and imaginative
For more information about this course, download the Information Booklet.
- Sample competencies include:
- Prepare for employment
- Apply critical thinking techniques
- Perform basic vision and sound editing
IMVC Albert Road Campus
Inner Melbourne VET Cluster Inc
RTO Number: 21732
Semester 2 | Fridays | 10.00am – 3.00pm
Part Time / Face to Face
This is a six month program that will commence beginning of Semester II.
Assessment may be a combination of written and online assignments, tests, examinations and practical application projects.
Work placement is not required.
Contact the VET Coordinator at your secondary College for specific information regarding your College's application process. Your VET Coordinator and/or staff from Secondary College will assist you with planning your VCE or VCAL certificate and will advise you where a VET course fits within this plan. They will also give you information about travel arrangements and any costs associated with VET Courses.
For information on the IMVC Application Process please go to About VET Delivered in Schools.
Contact your school to discuss fees for VET Courses.
VCAL: This program contributes to the Industry Specific Skills Strand and may also contribute to the Work Related Skills Strand.
Students who wish to participate must meet the following selection criteria:
- The potential, and desire, for employment and/or further training
- The ability to take part in all course activities, including the ability to travel independently
- Age-appropriate behaviour