Course code: SHB20216
This program is ideal for students interested in a career in hairdressing, upon successful completion students will be well prepared to apply for a hairdressing apprenticeship. This program allows students to develop their creative and practical skills within a real salon setting, is very hands-on and is focused on developing employability skills.
Students will learn how to prepare clients for salon services, safe use of hairdressing tools and equipment, hair styling techniques and products, all whilst gaining knowledge of the hair and beauty industry.
Please note, this is a one-year program.
Are you suitable?
Consider this course if you:
- Have a complete willingness to have your hair washed, dried and styled by other students
- Like communicating with people and possess good listening skills
- Are creative, practical, patient, and methodical
- Enjoy washing and styling hair
- Are interested in a career in the hair and beauty industry
- Have the ability to adapt to changing situations and different client needs
- Take pride in being well presented and have good personal hygiene
For more information about the course, download the Information Booklet.
- Sample competencies covered include:
- Provide shampoo and basin services
- Perform head, neck and shoulder massage for relaxation
- Dry hair to shape
Avidity – Albert Park
Inner Melbourne VET Cluster Inc
RTO Number: 21732
Avidity – Albert Park
Units 1 & 2 | Tuesdays | 4.00pm – 8.00pm
Part Time / Face to Face
This is a one year program.
Assessment may be a combination of written and online assignments, tests, examinations and practical application projects.
40 hours of work placement is compulsory. It is recommended that students undertake this in Semester 2.
Contact the VET Coordinator at your Secondary College for specific information regarding your College’s application process. Your VET Coordinator and/or staff from your Secondary College will assist you with planning for your VCE or VCAL certificate and will advise you where a VET Course fits within this plan. They will also give you information about travel arrangements and any costs associated with VET Courses.
For information on the IMVC Application Process please go to About VET Delivered in Schools.
Contact your school to discuss fees for VET Courses.
This program contributes to the Industry Specific Skills Strand and may also contribute to the Work Related Skills Strand.
VCE: Recognition of up to four units at Units 1 and 2 level.
ATAR: There is no ATAR contribution. This subject does not have a study score and therefore cannot contribute towards the student’s primary four.
- Salon Manager
- Retail Manager
Hairdressing kit and workbooks will be provided and are included in course fees. Students are required to wear comfortable neat clothes and enclosed, non-slip shoes.