Course code: SHB20216 and SHB20116
This program is ideal for students with additional learning and access needs interested in a career in hairdressing or make-up. On successful completion of this course, students will be prepared to apply for further studies in either Hairdressing or Make-Up.
This program allows students to develop their creative and practical skills within a real salon setting, has a focus on developing student employability skills, and is very hands-on.
Students will learn about work safety, organisational skills, beauty products, and basic hair services, all whilst gaining knowledge of the industry. Training is delivered at IMVC’s own salon in Albert Park – Avidity.
Please note this is a one-year program. Students will receive a Statement of Attainment.
Are you suitable?
This program is designed for students who are highly motivated. Students should consider this course if you are:
- Completely willing to have your make-up applied and hair washed, dried and styled by other students
- Creative and hard working in class, and can demonstrate that you can work independently
- Interested in washing and styling hair
- Willing to participate in hands on activities to improve your skills
- Capable of being organised and punctual
- Willing to give a number of options a try
- Interested in a career in the hair and beauty industry
For more information, download the Information Booklet.
- Sample competencies include:
- Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- Produce visual merchandise displays
- Dry hair to shape
- Perform head and neck and shoulder massage for relaxation
Avidity – Albert Park
Inner Melbourne VET Cluster Inc
RTO Number: 21732
Fridays | 10.00am – 2:00pm
Part Time / Face to Face
This is a one year program.
Assessment may be a combination of written and online assignments, tests, examinations and practical application projects.
Work placement is not required.
Contact the VET Coordinator at your Secondary College for specific information regarding your College's application process. Your VET Coordinator and/or staff from your Secondary College will assist you with planning for your VCE or VCAL certificate and will advise you where a VET Course fits within this plan. They will also give you information about travel arrangements and any costs associated with VET Courses.
For information on the IMVC Application Process please go to About VET Delivered in Schools.
Contact your school to discuss fees for VET Courses.
VCAL: This program contributes to the Industry Specific Skills Strand and may also contribute to the Work Related Skills Strand.
- Makeup Artist
- Retail Cosmetic Consultant
Equipment and workbooks will be provided and are included in course fees. Students are required to wear comfortable neat clothes and enclosed, non-slip shoes.