Prepare and Serve Espresso Coffee
SITHFAB005 – PREPARE AND SERVE EXPRESSO COFFEE
This nationally recognised course provides participants with skills and information on how to extract and serve espresso coffee using commercial espresso machines and grinders.
At the conclusion of this course, a participant will be able to:
- Operate espresso machine with some level of independence and under limited supervision,
- Prepare espresso machine and grinder for service,
- Select coffee beans and grind to appropriate particle size,
- Provide information and recommendations about types of coffee beverages, accompaniments and take orders,
- Texture milk according to type of milk and coffee beverage,
- Present coffee beverages attractively and without drips and spills,
- Clean espresso machine and equipment thoroughly and safely and refer faults to supervisor.
Pre-requisite: Participants need to have completed SITXFSA001 Use Hygiene Practices for Food Safety
Materials to bring to the course: Pen and notebook. Drink bottle and lunch.
Dress code: Smart casual with closed-toed shoes.
Site: The course can be delivered onsite (commercial coffee machines required) or it can be delivered at the Little Kitchen That Could – 90 Montague Street South Melbourne
Length of the course: 2 x days
Price: $160 per participant
Minimum participants per course: 10
Candidates will require the ability to read administrative paperwork and communicate verbally in a team or to supervisors.
For bookings and more information, contact Saadia Khan (RTO Training Coordinator) by phone on 03 7007 4750 or mobile 0431 214 811. Email [email protected]
Ready to book now? Download our booking form here.