In collaboration with Jesuit Community College, IMVC provides the Reconnect service to vulnerable people (17-64 years). The purpose of the Reconnect program is to support high needs learners to transition into Skills First accredited courses.
Reconnect pathway support workers undertake a holistic assessment of student’s circumstances and goals, provide career advice and guidance, identify and document any existing or potential barriers so the student can fully participate in training, personal development and/or work-placement activities and build the students’ capacity and motivation to fully engage with their learning. This may include supports to meet personal, health, relationship, accommodation and related issues through referral to specialist services.
The eligibility for the reconnect program is as follows:
- Aged between 17 to 64 years at the time of registration
- Not enrolled in other education or training
- Long term unemployed; has not worked full time for a duration of 12 months or more (intermittent casual work is accepted)
- Has not completed year 12 or its equivalent (certificate II)
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Can be a visa holder with Bridging visa Class E or Safe Haven enterprise Visa or Temporary Protection Visa
The Skills First Reconnect Referral form is available HERE.
For more information please contact IMVC on 9686 2354.