Take the first step towards working in the Hairdressing Industry. In just 6 months you will learn all about how a salon works including booking clients, salon services, blow drying and caring for the client.
Discounted tuition fees apply if eligible*
What do I get?
- Acquire practical skills to help gain employment in a hairdressing salon or be ready to start a hairdressing apprenticeship.
- Job ready skills training
- Nationally Recognised Qualification SHB20216 Cert II in Salon Assistant
- Career pathway development and advice
• 6-months theory and practical training. 40 hours of work-placement is compulsory – it is recommended that students undertake it in the second half of their course.
Who can join the program?
While there are no pre-requisite studies for entry into this course., a pre-training interview is required to ensure this course is most suitable for your needs.
When and where?
|Starts:||21 June 2021|
|Ends:||20 Dec 2021|
|Breaks:||Monday 20 & Tuesday 21 Sept|
|Days & time:||Monday & Tuesday, 10am – 3.30pm|
|Venue:||Avidity Salon, 129 Beaconsfield Parade, Albert Park (just 5 mins walk from the Tram Route 1, Stop 32 or Tram Route 12 Stop 132)|
|Government Subsidised. Eligibility criteria apply.|
|Full-fee for service||$3,450|
|Materials fee||$20 (required)|
Job Trainer eligible students are welcome.
With this course you could:
- Work in a hairdressing salon
- Begin a hairdressing apprenticeship.
- Progress to further study in Hair, Beauty Services, Make-up, Retail