Gain the theory and practical skills to work as a make-up professional in a variety of roles across the beauty, fashion, media, event, and wedding industries.
What do I get?
- A Nationally Recognised Qualification SHB30215 Certificate III in Make-Up
- Graduate as a make-up artist
- Career pathway development and advice
- 30-weeks theory and practical training in a Hair and Beauty specialist training centre
- 80 hours of work placement over two years is strongly recommended (not compulsory). The placement can be in any retail outlet and not necessarily confined to the make-up/cosmetics industry, however this is recommended for experience and training.
Who can join the program?
While there are no pre-requisite studies for entry into this course, a pre-training interview is required to ensure this course is most suitable for your needs.
When and where?
|Starts:||12 July ‘21|
|Ends:||24 February ‘22|
|Breaks:||Monday 1 November; and 20 Dec ‘21 – 7 January ‘22.|
|Days & time:||Mondays and Thursdays, 9.30am – 4.30pm|
|Venue:||Avidity Salon, our specialist hair & beauty training facility, 129 Beaconsfield Parade, Albert Park (just 5 mins walk from Tram Route 1, Stop 32 or Tram Route 12, Stop 132)|
|Government Subsidised. Eligibility criteria apply.|
|Full-fee for service||$3,957|
|Materials fee||$220 (required)|
Graduates from this course can work as a make up artist in:
- Make -up studios in fashion houses & photography studios
- Freelance – bridal, special occasion, entertainment
- Retail cosmetic counters sales and make up demonstration
- Film, TV & media sets
- Theatre and performing arts make-up specialist
Please note this qualification is also offered through the IMVC Vet Delivered to Secondary Students program.
For bookings, more information or to find out of you are eligible for any fee discounts contact Saadia Khan on [email protected] or call 0431 214 811.
IMVC Education & Training – delivering nationally recognised qualifications and short courses to develop life-skills and career pathways for you. This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Funding.
IMVC is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO – TOID21732)