Youth2Industry is a specialised VCAL program preparing youth for work, training or education
Youth2Industry focuses on the development of student’s personal strengths, interests and experiences to build resilience, confidence, self-worth and employability skills.
- The program provides opportunities for project based learning and development of industry skills
- Learning is in a friendly supportive environment with small class sizes
- The Youth2Industry Program provides practical work-related experience, as well as literacy and numeracy skills and the opportunity to build personal skills that are important for life and work
- Where required students have access to IMVC Youth Caseworkers and other support staff
- All students as part of their work placement will be allocated an industry mentor to assist in developing employability skills
- Access together with parents/guardians to various workshops and resources addressing pathway planning and advocacy needs
To be considered for the program you must:
- Download the Youth2Industry program and fill in the Expression of Interest form
- Present with learning and support needs
- Have the potential /capacity to be employed and manage your own personal care
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.