A specialist program for youth with learning and access needs seeking to successfully secure work, training or education
Youth2Industry focuses on the development of student’s personal strengths, interests and experiences to build resilience, confidence, self-worth and employability skills.
- The program provides opportunities for project based learning and development of industry skills
- Learning is in a friendly supportive environment with small class sizes
- The Youth2Industry Program provides practical work-related experience, as well as literacy and numeracy skills and the opportunity to build personal skills that are important for life and work
- Where required students have access to IMVC Youth Caseworkers and other support staff
- All students as part of their work placement will be allocated an industry mentor to assist in developing employability skills
- Access together with parents/guardians to various workshops and resources addressing pathway planning and advocacy needs
To be considered for the program you must:
- Submit a referral form – click here
- Present with learning and support needs
- Have the potential /capacity to be employed and manage your own personal care
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.
The IMVC Mentorship program is made possible by the generous support of the Helen Macpherson Smith Trust.