Under the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA), if you have a vision or hearing impairment, physical or learning disability, neurological condition, mental health illness or chronic medical condition then you are entitled to support services by TAFE Institutes.
Disability Liaison Officers (DLOs) are employed at each TAFE Institute in Victoria and may be able to provide the following services to assist you with your studies:
- Alternative arrangements for assessment (for example, additional time, scribe, reader)
- Academic Support Workers (for example, note takers, interpreters, readers)
- Access to adaptive technology (for example, voice activated software)
- Alternative format course materials (for example, braille, disk)
- Liaison with lecturers / teachers
- Physical access to facilities
- Referral to other support services (for example, counselling, health, housing, financial aid, learning skills unit)
- Enrolment and campus orientation
For Disability Liaison contacts at a specific TAFE institutions visit the Broaden Your Horizons TAFE Page.