Disability Liaison Contacts (University)

Disability Liaison Contacts (University)

Under the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA), if students have a vision or hearing impairment, physical or learning disability, neurological condition, mental health illness or chronic medical condition then they are entitled to support services from Universities.

Disability Liaison Officers (DLOs) are employed at each University in Victoria and may be able to provide the following services to assist students:

  • Academic Support Workers (i.e. note takers, interpreters, readers)
  • Access to adaptive technology (i.e. voice activated software)
  • Alternative arrangements for assessment (i.e. additional time, scribe, reader)
  • Alternative format course materials (i.e. braille, disk)
  • Enrolment and campus orientation
  • Liaison with lecturers/teachers
  • Physical access to facilities
  • Referral to other support services (i.e. counselling, health, housing, financial aid, learning skills unit)

Disability Liaison Contacts of Victorian Universities can found at the Broaden Your Horizons Universities Page.

Facebook Feed

Latest News

  • New ‘Style Me Wild’ Workshop

    23 April, 2018

    New ‘Style Me Wild’ Workshop

    Are you looking for a job or are new to the workplace? Not sure how to present yourself or how your employer expects you to look? Then our Style Me Wild personal presentation workshop is for you! Click here for more information on the Style Me Wild Workshop.

    Read more

  • The Mentor Program is back!

    22 March, 2018

    The Mentor Program is back!

    #NationalVolunteerWeek is coming up soon, and what better way to celebrate our volunteers than to become one! IMVC is looking for industry experienced #Mentors to assist marginalised youth in our #MentorProgram. Please see flyers for more information on how to apply: VCAL Mentor Program / Application Form River Nile Mentor Program / Application Form

    Read more