The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development is committed to the delivery of an inclusive education system that ensures all students have access to a quality secondary education to meet their diverse needs.
To improve educational outcomes for students with disabilities, the following key strategies are in place:
- Providing parents with a choice of learning environments to best suit their child.
- Supporting students and their families in making the transition from pre-school to school, then to higher education, training and employment.
- Involving students and parents in programming and planning decisions.
- Providing students with access to programs that let them pursue achievable pathways.
- Ensuring that the expertise of professionals working in mainstream and special schools is maintained and developed.
Schools enrolling students with disabilities receive additional support from the Government.
The Vic Department of Education and Early Childhood Development is divided into four distinct geographic areas. These areas are: